Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Royal Jelly: December 16 2015

ATTACK ON TITAN GN VOL 17
BEAUTY #5
DESCENDER #8
FROM UNDER MOUNTAINS #3
EMPTY ZONE TP VOL 1 CONVERSATIONS WITH THE DEAD
HUCK #2
I HATE FAIRYLAND #3
LUCIFER #1
SPIRE #5 (OF 8)
TOKYO GHOST #4

Lots of lovely ogodies but this week I am MOST excited about Lucifer #1 !!  Vertigo is rebooted one of my favorite titles. That charismatic fallen angel is back in a new series written by Holly Black.  The only other Vertigo contributions from this writer would be the graphic novel A Flight of Angels which I admit I haven't read. It was released back in 2012 and I'm afraid I can't personally speak to its quality. Lovely art from the looks of it. Black is more widely known for being the co-writer of the children's book The Spiderwick Chronicles which was spurned off the coat-tails of Harry Potter. You know... that crazy fantasy based childrens stuff that flooded the market over 15 years ago and hasn't really gone away (well now it's mostly apocalyptic and dystopian thanks to the Hunger Games).  

I'm not sure why Vertigo keeps taking on these new writers lately. It's not a bad thing exactly, it's just really strange to me when there are so many successful writers that they've used over the years and made amazing series. Perhaps Carey didn't want the job. Mike Carey of Hellblazer, Lucifer, Unwritten, etc.

At any rate, I have high hopes that this will be an amazing series. I hope Mike Carey comes back to at least write a guest piece. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment