Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Royal Jelly: June 10th 2015

I wish today was New Comic Book Day! The wait it terrible. So many things I want in my hands right now. 

1602 WITCH HUNTER ANGELA #1
21ST CENTURY TANK GIRL #1 (OF 3)
CHRONONAUTS #4
CONSTANTINE THE HELLBLAZER #1
DEATH SENTENCE LONDON #1
DISCIPLES #1
DESCENDER #4
HARROW COUNTY #2
SAGA #29
SPIDER-GWEN #5
STARVE #1
WALKING DEAD #142
WE CAN NEVER GO HOME #3 (OF 5)
WEIRDWORLD #1
TP
BATGIRL HC VOL 1 THE BATGIRL OF BURNSIDE (N52)
IT WILL ALL HURT #1

HC
BPRD 1946 – 1948 HC
JACK KIRBY KAMANDI ARTIST ED HC VOL 1

A few very important things this week by some of my all time favorite artists and writers! Firstly, I have to insist that everyone put a new Marvel title on their list! I KNOW RIGHT!!?? Since when, besides the Silver Surfer, do I ever tell anyone that they NEED a Marvel titles?! Well now is the time! Wonderful French artist Marguerite Sauvage is illustrating a new new series 1602: Witch Hunter Angela and of course, it looks amazing. I'm a huge fan of hers. You may recognize her work on the cover of Hinterkind and that lovely Wonder Woman short she did for Sensation Comics. 

Another big title to grab this week is Farel Dalrymple's It Will All Hurt #1. This is Farel's Eisner Award nominated comic strip that published previously online on Study Group. Alternative Comics is putting it out on paper just for me... I mean, us. Just for us. If you are unfamiliar with Farel by name, you would recognize his work from the recent series Prophet, his award winning graphic novel The Wrenchies from First Second Books and Omega the Unknown (a favorite from about ten years back). Plenty of other things as well, but those are the first that pop into my mind. 
An obvious biggie for me is Constantine the Hellblazer  #1 which promises to be much better than Ray Fawkes' interpretation with the New 52. We all know how big of a Hellblazer fan I am and with Riley Rossmo and Ming Doyle on the list of credits, I hope this proves to be a better incarnation for John Constantine. 

It's also worth mentioning that there are a couple good books this week from Black Mask Comics. Steve Niles (30 Days of Night, The October Faction) is back with a new series on this young label which he happens to co-own. I was very impressed with his new science fiction book The Disciples and I think you will be too. Matthew Rosenburge's super power charge teen runaway story continues with We Can Never Go Home #3. I really enjoyed this third issue and I really think this is a book you should take a look at. It's not your typical super power story. 

Obviously a whole bunch of other big titles continue tomorrow with Saga leading sales again, I'm sure. I'm especially excited about Harrow County #2, Descender and the new Tank Girl, 21st Century Tank Girl which will only be three issues long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment