Friday, June 5, 2015

Feathers #6

My favorite all ages fantasy adventure has come to an end with issue six. This is Corona's first limited series which he both illustrated and wrote. It's a huge accomplishment when an author takes on a story and ends up with one as strong as this one right from the get go. I see a lot of artists attempting this and very few have this original and striking voice. I was lucky to have an interview with him in January. Please check it out if you haven't because it has some awesome insight into our little feathered friend Poe.

As you probably know if you've been reading this blog for more than a month, I  had taken an interest in Feathers since I saw the first preview six months back. At the time I had named it one of the Top Ten Picks for 2015 and now I know this will make my list on Jan 1st 2016 as one of the best books of the year.

Feathers has ended perfectly set for a second story arc. Although the immediate issues of the missing mice has been solved and a villain identified, we still wonder where Poe has come from and who he is. How he came to have these mysterious feathers. Corona ends the books with the dialogue between two unidentified characters (I have my suspicions on who the owners of the voices are) cryptically discussing the Poe's origins.

I really hope we don't have to wait TOO long for a second story arc but with the success of this first one, I can't imagine label Archaia/Boom NOT signing Corona on for another run. I am certain we'll see a lovely trade released soon which solves the question of what I get for my nieces for their Birthday this year.

If you are missing Jorge's fantastic art before the next story arc of Feathers is delivered, then you can be sure to catch some over at DC with series We Are Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment