Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Namesless #1 *SPOILERS*

OMG PINK. This is the thing, I'm not big on the color pink unless it's in comics! I LOVE PINK PANELS! Nameless #1 opens in brilliant pink! I really like this artwork. Chris Burnham really kicks it into high gear! The opening scenes in the book being among the best. This is incredibly important for myself because I have stacks of books to review and if I can't get through a mere 35 pages then I might as well toss it and move on to something I might actually enjoy.

What do you get when you mix a little magic into the world of science fiction? Sprinkle a little dream travel? You get Grant Morrison doing his thing. I mean, we also coincidentally get a really odd version of Armageddon, you know without Ben Afflect playing with children's animal biscuits on Liv Tyler naked abdomen and that awful Areosmith song. Xibalba, place of fear. Do you remember all the Mayan BS about the end of the world? Well it does come into play here. You see what I'm getting at.

I feel like Morrison is on a bit or a tirade lately to prove something. He's always been a busy man but it almost feels like he's being pulled in way more
directions than usual. There are always the same themes running amok through his stories. I feel like I want to dive right into this but this is going to be a much larger article. Suffice it to say, Nameless #1 is paced appropriately to allow me to read on into the next issue. I didn't merely toss it aside. The artwork is the real showstopper in this story however and I'm loving the coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment