Thursday, January 1, 2015

Best of 2014

It was so hard to choose here so I had to make myself two sets of lists because things that qualify as my favorite don't necessarily fit into a category. I also decided to limit myself in giving titles to releases and people. I wanted to stick with things that really represented 2014 in comics. For me, there was so much new and exciting stuff. So many artists and writers that stuck out in my mind. Yet here it is! These items and people are what stand out in my mind as COMICS in 2014! 

Best Artist: Alison Sampson
Best New Artist: Marguerite Sauvage
Best Series: Silver Surfer
Best new original series: Rumble
Best limited series: POP
Best Manga: Island of Panorama
Best Publisher: IMAGE COMICS (that's a given)
Best Foreign Graphic Novel: Beautiful Darkness 
Best OGN: Genesis
Best Canadian Graphic Novel: Through the Woods
Best One Shot: Masterplasty

Top Ten Series of 2014:
Silver Surfer
Saga 
Low
The Humans
She Hulk
Dark Engine
Manifest Destiny
Copperhead
Shutter
Multiversity


Top Ten Limited Series of 2014:
Starlight
Arkham Manor
Nightworld
Annihilator
Pop
Pretty Deadly
Trillium
Bodies
The Kitchen


Top Ten Graphic Novels of 2014:
Seconds
The Wrenchies 
Beautiful Darkness
Beauty
Andre the Giant
Through the Woods
Genesis
Little Nemo Dream Another Dream
DoomBoy
Luminae



The Royal Jelly : The Frog Queen’s Top Releases of 2014:
To Clarify, this is a short list of my favorite releases whatever they may be.. in no order and in no category. 
Beautiful Darkness
Little Nemo Dream Another Dream
DoomBoy
Low
Nightworld
Silver Surfer
Genesis
Starlight
The Borgias HC
Dark Engine
The Humans
Bramble (Humanoids Collected Edition)
Frog Queen's Favorite Artist of 2014: Bengal

No comments:

Post a Comment