Sunday, September 14, 2014

MPH #3

Finally some more MPH. There have some hold ups coming from Millar's work and I was really itching to get this issue. Image says that we will have the final two issues November and December but I'm not so sure if that's a promise they'll be able to keep. The variant cover art for this issue was done by one favorite artists, Paul Pope. I was happy to find THIS one in my sub box because if not, I'd have to be all like "BUT I NEED THE POPE VARIANT!! I NEED IT!" and such displays can be embarrassing to me and the company I keep.

In this issue, Roscoe and his group start robbing banks. They also do a Robin Hood impression and start dumping ten percent of their earnings on the people of Detroit. No one has gotten caught and it appears they are living the high life, literally making a get away on raindrops at one point.

I'm still not a huge fan of the artwork in this series. It's not horrible! I'm not saying that at all but it's not my style. Now if Pope was creating all the artwork.. well, then I'd have some hefty things to say. I think I'm going to go re-read Escapo

No comments:

Post a Comment