Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stumptown #1: The Case of the King of Clubs

Written by Greg Rucka
Drawn by Justin Greenwood
Colored by Ryan Hill
Lettered by Crank!

Back by popular demand? Greg Rucka's private eye Dex is back in a new series. I am afraid that I haven't read the previous adventures of Dex Parios. I've become a fan of Rucka's only recently after reading the first two volumes of Lazarus. I'm not really the type to involve myself in private eye stories. They rarely appeal to me, but Rucka captures my attention in the same way he did with Lazarus, through realistic characters and good scripting. He always leaves a little cliff hanger at the end of an issue and Stumptown is no different.

In the past Mathew Southworth had illustrated Stumptown. This story arc is illustrated by Justin Greenwood and colored by Ryan Hill. The artwork isn't typically appealing to me but the characters are easily identifiable which is important to me. Sometimes I'll be reading along in a book and if the characters are too similar in appearance I'll lose the story. I'm looking at you manga! Well, not all manga, but a large portion of it.

Oni Press has yet to release information on how you can pre-order this single but I'll be sure to let you know when I find out :) Keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment