Monday, August 25, 2014

Royal Jelly: Queen's Top Picks for New Release Day August 27

My top picks of this weeks releases are as follows:

Singles
Bodies #2
Pop #1
Low #2 
Saga #22

Trade Paper

Attack on Titan GN #13 

Big titles out for me this week. I am really excited about each of them. Bodies is of particular interest due to the haunting beauty of Tula Lotay's artistic contributions. She writes the story arc which takes place in the distant future and it just so happens to be my favorite era in the story. It's quite surreal which makes it just my style.

Rick Remender's Low opened with a furiously busy and large first issue. I have been dying to know which characters will be the focus of this underwater story. There is also a second printing of the variant cover for issue 1, so you can grab that on Wednesday if you missed it first time around. You should really jump on this series fast and try to keep up because I have a feeling it's going to be all action.

I don't think I have to explain my anticipation for Saga. Most of the comic reading world anticipates each single while wearing their Lying Cat tees.

Writer Curt Pires teams up with artist Jason Copland in a new action packed science fiction series being released by Darkhorse. The premise (taken from the Darkhorse site) "What if the world’s pop stars and celebrities were literally products, grown by the world’s wealthiest (and most depraved) minds—and one of them escaped?" Multiversity listed Curt Pires as "Creator to Watch in 2013" so I'm doing just that.

Finally, the much awaited 13th volume of Attack on Titan. This is the original manga, not the spin-offs. Out of all the manga I read, Attack on Titan is the most famous. Many fan know the anime over the manga, although in this case the manga came first. It isn't always the case despite popular belief.

 This isn't the largest release date for me but I am really excited to get my hands on these titles.




No comments:

Post a Comment