Monday, June 9, 2014

The Walking Dead : A New Beginning Issue #127

So I finally caught up on The Walking Dead. I know I keep putting it off, looking at it with the stink eye and putting it back in the giant pile I have that says "read me". It's been such a long year. Such a huge let down. Finally it's over! Negan's reign is done and so with the newest story arc A New Beginning, we see what the people of the Kingdom have accomplished. Oh and we get to Carl a little more grown up (and turning kind of into a misogynistic little shit). We also get to see Rick all extra banged up with a near beard. His knee is completely messed up now so he just hobbles around and sit in the town hall telling people what to do. Carl also calls Andrea mom now which I find sort of creepy. I've never been a huge fan of Andrea, not since the first year of the series.

I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that Rick is still alive. Sometimes, I think they should just kill him off and start the series with a new character. Rick is always center stage and although I liked him for so long, the Negan story arc changed that for me.

I meant to push this review out earlier but like I said, stink-eye and all. This Wednesday the second issue of the New Beginning story arc is released so I'll get back on track with the regular reviews. I'm interested see what Negan has turned into now that he's a prisoner in Rick's basement. What do you think about all that? I sort of wish they just killed him off. Are you happy about him still being alive or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment