Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Death: Deluxe Edition by Neil Gaiman

October of 2012 marked the release of DEATH the Deluxe Edition from Vertigo Comics. I only got a copy recently when I decided to go back into the world of Sandman Spin-offs after the release of Sandman Overture issue 1.  This edition collects the DEATH: THE HIGH COST OF LIVING and DEATH: THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE, as well as a few short stories, including but not limited to DEATH AND VENICE. I'm a big fan of this collection as most of the stories contain characters familiar to me from Sandman. 

At the end of the book you will find the Death Portrait Gallery, a collection of Death Portraits completed by various arts from all over. Many you will recognize, others maybe not but it's definitely a lovely addition to the book and one which I believe makes it a nice purchase for the shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment