Friday, January 10, 2014

Princess Knight Part 2 by Osamu Tezuka

I needed something a bit on the light-hearted side after a stressful move and an equally stressful holiday. I spent most of it in bed sleeping. Needless to say, I’m so happy the holidays are over. I find holidays more stressful than enjoyable. It’s always been this way to me. Call me scrooge if you want but I am so busy trying to make sure everyone else is having a good time, that I become miserable. That’s why Princess Knight is exactly what I needed after all that chaotic jolliness.

Princess Knight Part 2 continues with our Prince or Princess Saphire’s plight to marry the man she loves while reclaiming her kingdom. Saphire was born with the heart of a girl and a boy so she is mix gendered although she often feels more female. In the end a cherub named Tink makes up for his mistake and reclaims Saphire’s boy heart for heaven (It was his fault for the whole mixed gender thing). It does have a happy ending although I’m not partial to happy endings of that nature. The whole “live happily ever after”.


My favorite character of the book is Hecate. She’s the demon child who is born of the evil witch who looks suspiciously like Disney’s Maleficent lol (I realize that is no coincidence. Tezuka was greatly inspired by Disney). Hecate is an awesome mischievous character who isn’t really good or bad and therefore she’s my favorite. She solves problems for the main characters and follows her own desires. Plus, she’s a shapeshifter! Hell that’s cool ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment