Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Dirtbombs Appreciation Post

The first time I saw the Dirtbombs live was in 2006 in Ottawa at the Babylon Club. I was floored. The place was packed. You could barely move and I was sitting on a ledge that was mounted to the wall high above the tables. My ex fiancé who worked at the club, helped me get up there and I think I had the best view in the house. Why did I love the show so much? Well between front man Mick Collins pitching his beaters when he's popped a string, and the two dueling drummers, how could I not be thrilled. Mick threw his guitar away and grabbed another with perfect timing to stay in the song. It was awesome!

I can't say what songs I like best, cause I just throw on a playlist and rock out around the house without looking at song titles. Who cares about song titles when I've got gritty, garage rock chalk full of the blues to do my housework to. Blow me away band.. I don't care how many times you've changed members. I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment