Thursday, April 11, 2013

Vampire Hunter D Volume 1 by Hideyuki Kikuchi's

I am not 100% sure if I will continue with this series at all, largely due to the fact that I can’t stand the female characters. I can barely tolerate the main female character. It appears that the first volume has nothing to offer but sex crazed, vapid fems. It's not very fun. The only plot device I actually like, is D's talking hand. Yet I think the only reason I find it interesting is because I can't seem to suspend my disbelief long enough to stop laughing. Am I supposed to take this manga seriously?? It's really hard. It feels much more like a comedy to me. 

I'm told D starts talking more. Well, this half human/half vampire better start talking soon cause he's somewhat boring. I know pretty much nothing of his past or life besides the fact that his vampire blood is from a noble family of vamps. That's it. That's about all I got. Oh, and why the hell would a mercenary work so long and hard for a chick when all she's giving him is room and board? I mean, she throws herself sexually at him over and over. She comes right out and says that he can use her body for what pleases him if he'll just defeat this one awful vampire.... but D is all like "I'll just take some food". He seems completely uninterested in the chick. Which is fine and they're probably trying to make him look all noble. I don't think he's noble. I think he's suspicious. Suspicious and boring. THERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment