Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Eden Volume 4 by Hiroki Endo

I like back-story. I like to get to know the history of characters, to know exactly what led them to where they are now.  Endo really feed this need. I find myself starting to fall in love with characters. It's difficult knowing that he feels no hesitation in killing them. You almost want to convince yourself to hate them all as to not be disappointed when your favorite character bites the dust.
 
Eden holds more action panels than most of the manga I'm currently reading. So the books are fairly easy to go through. I finish one volume on my two ferry rides to work. The storyline is more depressing than uplifting though. Sometimes I wonder if I should be reading it first thing in the morning. You know after reading the note from the author at the back of the book, it's no wonder he writes the way he does. I couldn't find a link to it so I suppose I may just type it up and post it because it's pretty damn funny. Super depressing really... and kind of hateful. Post-apocalypse suits Endo well.

No comments:

Post a Comment