Thursday, March 7, 2013

American Vampire Volume 1

by Scott Snyder, Rafael Albuquerque & Stephen King

The story follows Skinner Sweet, a unique vampire who moves around the american mid-west from the 1800's to when??? the present day? The story has made it to the 1920-30's. 1928 to be exact. I say that Skinner is unique in that he can walk during the day time.

Chapter 1 is awesome. It pretty much sold me as it introduced Hattie, a soon to be unique vampire. I'm not going to ruin the rest of the plot but god damn it was pretty obvious what was going to happen to her.

I am going to read more of this series. I love Rafael Albuquerque's art. I have read a little of this and that he has drawn for. However, some of the largely busted women kinda make me annoyed. I should be use to it by now.... anyway. I like the sketchiness LOL. I like sketchy drawings. ANYWAY...

So far a big fan and I hope I'm not disappointed. I really do like Hattie's character. She's a much better female character than offered by most comics...even Vertigo ones. I'm also very curious about Felicia... (I won't spoil the story)...

No comments:

Post a Comment