Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Fushigi Yugi :The Mysterious Play by Yu Watase

So, when I first started reading this I thought "wow, this reads like it was written by a teenage girl" and then the authors notes started showing up in the ledger and I thought "oh, wow.. it is written by a teenage girl". This really isn't the story for me.. why the hell did I even want to read it?

I suppose the most annoying part of this book was that the main character appears to have ADHD and can't hold a normal conversation with anyone. The dialogue is all over the place making it somewhat difficult for me to follow. There is almost no flow to it at all. I felt like I HAD ADHD. So, after reading the notes from the author, I'm left thinking "wow, the author writes like that because that is the way she ACTUALLY speaks...how awful". Dreadfully sad. Also, I don't know if it's the translation, but there constantly seems to be something missing from the dialogue... actual content? I want to blame the translation but after reading the notes from the author in the ledgers, I can't be certain. Actually, at one point I started just getting really mad at the long meandering notes and started skipping them.

So all in all, will I continue reading Fushigi Yugi?? Um... I have volume 2 and I'm looking at it with painful disdain.

No comments:

Post a Comment